Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wounded and Crushed for Us!



As you can see from the picture (or you may have to get out your magnifying glass), Maggie has two boo boos on her head. She took a little spill again today. But, as you can also see in the picture, she is not phased by it. I am. How do you get past that sinking feeling when your child falls and cries? Do you? Any moms out there have a time line for that? Does it get better?

Every time Maggie gets a little tiny bump or bruise, I am so upset for her! After the fall today, however, my mind and heart wandered past the feeling of pain for Maggie and into a place of thanksgiving. Not that I am glad that my sweet little girl is hurt ( I think you know how I feel about that). But, every time I look at Maggie, I thank our wonderful Lord for doing the unthinkable for me, for all of us. I would never allow Maggie to be hurt for anyone! Thank you, Lord, for allowing your precious son to suffer wounds and die for me!!! I know that's deep, but it's what I have been feeling and thinking today. It's amazing how having children helps you understand a small tiny bit more the love of Christ! Very heavy, but very wonderful! What a deep and unfathomable love our Lord has for us!

Praise God for the Sacrifice of His Son!

No comments: