Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School

Maggie is a big girl now!!  Yesterday, she started Kindergarten at her little preschool, and she could not be more excited!  Who knows where the last five years have gone?! 

Kerri Grace started K3, and she has made a huge jump in maturity.  She was just as excited as Maggie to go to her new little classroom.


Mommy:

I have not shed one tear of sadness over Maggie starting K5, and I'm pretty sure that makes me the most horrible mother ever.   I did get a little emotional after Open House, but that was over the sweetness of her little room, kind teacher, 12 little friends that will be learning with her, prayer time before we started, and the fact that Maggie was all smiles and giddy.  She is so ready which makes Mommy ready!  

I enjoyed my "school day" by going with Mimi to find fabric for an heirloom dress for Maggie's five year portrait.  ( She is going to be beautiful!)  The day flew by for Mommy!


Maggie:

I had a great time at school!  My teachers, Mrs. Mahaffey and Mrs. Burns are so sweet!  We read a book, colored a book about the story, sang songs, and lots of other things.  We start music next Tuesday.  My favorite part of the day was playing tag with the boys!  When you are tagged, you become a bad guy, but when you are tagged again, you are back to a good guy.  I had a fun first day of K5!


Kerri Grace:

I had a fun day at school!  I love my teacher, Mrs. Padgett!  I played with my friends, and we had calendar time.  My favorite part of the day was singing "The Days of the Week Song" that Mommy sings with me at home!  I like school now that I'm a big girl in K3!

Here's to a great school year for the Gaymon (big) girls!!

No comments: