Thursday, January 19, 2012

Teamwork!

When Matt and I first got married, we sang a little song while we worked on loading the dishes or other projects together. It went a little something like this...
Teamwork, teamwork, marriage is about teamwork!
It was really something cute and silly to pass the time, but boy have I learned that teamwork really is a big part of marriage!!!

The definition of teamwork is : cooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group of persons acting together as a team or in the interests of a common cause.

Our common cause as believers is to spread the gospel and live in a way that glorifies God. That is a lofty and overwhelming cause at times, but Matt and I feel that when we act in God's grace poured out over us, that is exactly what God is able to do through us. Our second common goal is to raise our girls to be followers of Christ. Another crazy unobtainable goal without dependence on God. The last common goal that Matt and I have for ourselves is to have fun! I know, a lot less spiritual, and yet still at the top of our list of common causes. Ha!

One thing that I was sure of when Matt and I got married, and I am a thousand times more sure of today, is the fact that I love being on his team! I love working together with my man (through the easy times and tough times) to hopefully one day realize that we have done pretty well together. I sure do love him!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooo Gaymons!!!!!!!!!

No comments: