Sunday, June 5, 2011

Unexpected Lessons

Yesterday, we had our friends, the Osborns, over for some fun at the pool and pizza. We had such a great time, and the girls were so glad to have Belle, Lucy, and Everett over.

At one point, all of the kiddos were swimming in the kiddie pool, and I glanced over to see Kerri Grace struggling to get her footing and lift her head out of the water. She apparently had toppled over and couldn't figure out how to come up for air. It was such a sad sight to me. It was not long at all (probably just seconds) that she was in that predicament....she didn't cough or cry. But, her eyes were as big as saucers, and she didn't want to get back in the water. She was absolutely fine, and really, I wasn't too shook up about it.

For some reason, however, I couldn't get that vision of her scared and struggling out of my head. So, last night, I was praying, and thanking the Lord for keeping her safe. I was also, asking God why I kept having that vision. (One of my struggles since having kids is the fact that I can't keep them safe. And, in this case, I couldn't even prevent her from being afraid.) Then, it was almost as if I heard the Lord's audible voice....."I was with her. I am with you. When you are scared, I am with you." Of course! So, my prayers have changed from asking God to always keep my girls safe....because all I can do is trust God and try to use wisdom....to asking God to let His presence be known to them when they are scared, hurting, grieving, etc. My prayer is that for myself and for you, too, friend.

On a much lighter note, here are some cute pictures of bath time, and our pizza party with the Osborns:

1 comment:

erin said...

thanks for sharing that! i definetely struggle with that too! what a great thought to change our prayer- i feel like i pray that God will keep them safe so often. im gonna change that too! love to you friend! thanks again!