The week of Christmas has finally arrived! I couldn't be more excited! But, what am I really excited about? Am I excited about the celebration of my Savior making himself low so that I could be elevated? Am I excited that Jesus is the reason for everything...and especially the "Reason for the Season." Or, am I more excited about the getting and giving presents and being with the people I love? I don't know.......
My prayer has been that I put things in their proper place. It's hard. It's really hard. But, I am fervently seeking and praying that this Christmas season, I exhault Jesus as my one true God and put everything else in it's correct spot....blessings from Him!
Here is what my friend, Sabrina, posted on the Grace Church pastors blog, and I thought it was too good not to share:
"It is easy to get caught up in all of the fun “trappings”’ of the season and miss the whole reason for the anticipation. It is the anticipation of the Lord Jesus Himself. He is the whole reason we give gifts. It is all about the greatest gift that has ever been given. But as we think about his first Advent (coming), let us not forget that he is coming again. Live in anticipation."
Oh......the anticipation gives me chills....
I am so very thankful for the precious gift of Jesus!!
Merry Week of Anticipation to You All!
April 29
14 years ago


1 comment:
Amen, sister!
Post a Comment