I keep telling myself that I won't forget how good the Lord has been to us during this difficult time in our lives. I hope that I don't. But, just in case, I have decided to continue documenting these tender moments so that I can look back and remember.....
A few nights ago, we went through our usual family bedtime rituals with the girls. Daddy read our bible story, and we listed all of the things that make us happy. Kerri Grace contributed her standard and very honest answer of "chocwet (chocolate)" which I think is so funny! Maggie's answer was so cute. She said that she loved it when we all cuddled together on the couch and watched a movie. I was so thankful for that answer. We really have had such wonderful family time over the last couple of months. I am so glad that she is noticing, too!
Then, we all took our turn of saying a prayer. Maggie thanked God for her blessings like she usually does. Then, she said the sweetest thing. She said, "Jesus, can you pick us out another baby to have?" It was very random but heartfelt. I teared up at how sincere and honest she was. And, even more than that, the complete faith that was evident in her tone. With that one request, she challenged me to have that same faith that comes so easily to children. I am so blessed by my sweet little girl!!
Surely that is an unforgettable moment!!
April 29
14 years ago


2 comments:
oh ashley.....maggie's comment brought tears to my eyes. love her!!!!! and i hope the Lord answers her prayer if it is His will!!!!
The sweetest picture of Jesus to go along with her request!
Post a Comment