Our friends, the Osborns, are going to be missionaries to Papua New Guinea. They are leaving in a matter of weeks or maybe even days. As the time gets closer, my heart is completely broken at the thought of how much I am going to miss them (particularly Elizabeth). I have been praying for them, but I will be honest, I have had to pray for myself, too.
I am so selfish. I want Elizabeth and her fun family to stay put...maybe even more than I want them to make an impact in Papa New Guinea. I tease her about it all the time, but that is really the ugly truth.
We went to swim with Elizabeth and her girls this morning. It was so bitter sweet for me. I could hardly even get past all of the emotions that were surfacing as we talked and the kids played. We will miss them so much!
If you would like to know more about their mission, click here! I know that they would appreciate your support and prayers. I can't wait for them to be on their way for one reason alone, and that is to hear of all the wonderful things God is doing through them. Papa New Guinea, you don't even know how blessed you are!!
April 29
14 years ago

2 comments:
Looks so fun! Hate that we missed it!
we missed you too, anne! ashley, you made me cry when i read this post!! we love ya'll and are going to miss ya'll SO much too!!
Post a Comment