Sunday, March 27, 2011

To Do List

A lot of times (ok, all the time), I am a contradiction of myself....I am equally sinful and obedient to God, extroverted and introverted, spontaneous and structured, and creative and OCD. This can drive a girl crazy at times!

I recently have tried to balance my love of fun, and my love of keeping a spotless house. This can be a very daunting task. Most days, my love of fun wins out. I find myself with the best of intentions to clean house or make that dish for dinner that is a little more complicated. But, then, it never fails, I find myself loading up the girls in the car, and heading out and about. It could be a number of things that distract me....a fun playdate, lunch with a friend, a mall outing with my mom. Then, my not-so-tidy house drives me crazy when the day is done! What's a slightly more fun-oriented girl to do?

I have made a list, and I am hoping this helps. So, all of you disciplined mommies out there, let me know what you think, and if I need to tweak it a bit:

Monday - one or two loads of laundry (and iron)
Tuesday - wash sheets and run errands
Wednesday - Clean Bathrooms
Thursday - one or two loads of laundry (and iron)
Friday - Vacuum and Dust

Little Side Note: My Magpie has already mastered the art of keeping her area neat and tidy. The last few mornings (without me ever asking her to do this), before she even comes into our bedroom, she has opened the blinds and made her bed. And, this is the finished product.....
Impressive, right?

2 comments:

The Weavers said...

I am super impressed with all of this! I haven't instilled making the bed with L. I know I should...that's awesome that Maggie does that! On what day do you update your blog??? I've followed FlyLady.com - love her thoughts on keeping a tidy house (and life), even though I fail miserably! Check it out and let me know what you think...too much???

beth ewing said...

looks like a good plan to me. then try to just pick up each night, wipe down the kitchen counters, etc. for 15 minutes after the kids go to bed.