Monday, March 21, 2011

Princess Spotting

A few weeks ago, Matt, Kerri Grace, and I went out with some small group friends for dinner (Maggie was at Puggles with her Mimi and Papa).  As we were leaving and chatting at the door, Kerri Grace kept saying, "Rella, hold me. Rella, hold me.  Rella, hold me."  I couldn't figure out why she was making a reference to Cinderella until I turned and saw a young girl dressed up in a glorious gown.  She was eating with her daddy which I thought was so sweet.  I, of course, had to go tell the middle-school-aged girl that my little one thought that she was so beautiful that she confused her with Cinderella.  She smiled, and her dad said that they had just gone to a cotillion together at a nearby country club....so sweet.  

I thought that was a funny little story and the end of that.........not so much!

Kerri Grace has this conversation with me almost every night as I rock her: "Rella. eat. daddy. Rella, hold me. eat. daddy."  She really is just smitten with her new little Cinderella.

So, this is the beginning (much sooner than Maggie) with KG's Disney Princess obsession......

Do you think it is too early to talk about her beauty and identity in Christ?

No comments: