Maybe I should not compare, but I have always felt that God gave me a gift in my best gal pal, Lauren. Our friendship began at the ripe old age of 12 years old, and since then we have walked very similar paths. We endured the awkward middle school years together, double-dated to the very first homecoming dance at good old EHS, struggled through dating young men who didn't necessarily deserve our affection or time, held each other accountable to do the right thing even when our peers were not, and supported each other while working our way through colleges that were hours apart from each other. And, to think, I thought we were best friends at this point in life......
Since then, our lives have paralleled even more.
We got married within six months of one another.
We found out we were expecting baby girls at the same time......
And now, we have this whole crew of little beauties....
Along the way, I have found myself saying, "Isn't it neat that we are getting married at the same time?" or "Wow, this is crazy that we have baby girls that are a week apart in age!"
But honestly, I don't think it was just coincidence. I think it was the Lord blessing us with something a little extra special. And, I am so very thankful!
Sidenote: Maggie and Campbell make their mommies proud...notice the smoosh-face-hug-pose. It took us years to perfect that, and they have it down already!






2 comments:
So sweet...just think Campbell and Maggie may be writing the same thing about their friendship when they get older! So sweet!
Abbey:)
so sweet!! i love knowing both of you lovely ladies and your adorable little ladies!!
Post a Comment