Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ramblings of a Very Pregnant Mom

Two weeks from today (on Valentine's Day), we will be welcoming our sweetheart baby into this World!

His bag is almost packed!
Look at that sweet face!
I am very excited, anxious, ready, overwhelmed, uncomfortable, blissful, and the list could go on and on.  Mostly, I am thankful.  I am so thankful for this little life!  I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be pregnant for 37 weeks with a healthy baby.  I am thrilled with every kick and roll, and every sweet sweet sound of a steady heartbeat on the monitor.  I do not deserve this blessing (just as I didn't deserve my first two), but I am too grateful to even put it into words!

Today was crazy.  Kerri Grace decided to spike a fever last night after several days of coughing and a runny nose.  So, I squeezed in a doctor's appointment for her right before rushing over to my OB check-up.  (I am fairly certain that this is just the beginning of hectic mornings for us. Ha!)  Turns out, she has strep.  Yuck!  But, according to my doctor, strep is a good illness because it is not contagious after a day on antibiotics, and she should be feeling better in no time.  Whew....  She was pretty cuddly today (which I loved).  She snuggled up with me and my ginormous belly, and she told Oliver over and over how much she loved him.  Precious!  That is one of those moments in time that I wish I could just bottle up and hold onto forever.  I pray that my sweet Kerri Grace enjoys being a big and little sister, and she always feels loved and appreciated (never like the overlooked middle child).

We picked up Maggie from school, and discovered that Mrs. Renee had pulled her second loose tooth.  What in the World?!!  How could she have lost her second baby tooth already?!!
Showing off her tooth.
I pray that my conscientious firstborn loves being the oldest, and although I know she will enjoy being my helper, I want to make sure that I don't ever give her too much responsibility.  She is only little once, and as I am seeing more and more recently, her childhood is flying by!  

After Daddy got home, we had dinner and bathed the girls.  They both agreed where they wanted Daddy to read to them tonight....Oliver's nursery.  

What a sweet sight!
I apologize for the ADD stream of thoughts, but bottom line is this....I can not wait to add my sweet little man into our little world of girls!  

Here are a few prayer requests, if you think about it....

  • Pray for a healthy baby boy to be delivered at 8:00 am on Valentine's Day.
  • Pray for me to not be too anxious or worried about Oliver's health and the delivery.
  • Pray for our girls to adjust to our family of five.
  • Pray for me to be a patient, loving, and organized mom of three.
Happy Two Weeks Until Heart Day, Everyone!!





No comments: