Thursday, September 2, 2010

What's a Mostly Stay-at-Home Mom To Do?

Next Tuesday starts up another long-term substituting job for me which is such a blessing in so many ways.  However, my wardrobe is very limited when it comes to teaching attire.  While staying home with the girls, I am fine to rotate the same few shorts and sleeveless tops around.  After all, I rarely see the same adults day after day, and my girls think I look cute no matter what I have on.

Recently, I did buy a new pair of trendier jeans (a pair of Real Straight Jeans when they are on sale at the Gap)! I love them because they are more stylish and they do not highlight my hips as much as the Skinny Jean.  Now, what do I do about the rest of my wardrobe?

I plan on heading out this weekend and trying to find some deals.  Any advice on where I should go?  Are there any additional promotions going on?  If you have any tips, please leave a comment!

I only have a few criteria for my shopping adventures:
a.  First and foremost, I do not want to spend a whole lot.
b.  I need to buy petites.
c.  I want to buy cute, stylish, and age appropriate (not teeny-bopper but not too matronly).
d.  I need items I can mix and match.
Is that too much to ask?

So all of you bargain finders out there, please fill me in on your plans for this Labor Day weekend of Sales!

1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

I was just looking in my closet today and thinking..I need more casual clothes as a SAHM.

I had good luck at Target with dressy tops last week.

Congrats on the supply position. I hope to do some of that in the future!

~Erica