Friday, July 25, 2008

"Discussions"

Maggie knows how to express herself now! It makes hanging out with her even more fun, but it also has been slightly frustrating a few times. Maggie shakes her head to say, "No," and occassionally shakes her head to say, "Yes." It's so unbelievably cute when she does this, except for when we have (what I call) our "discussions." I will tell her something that I want her to do or not do, then she will shake her head "No," and get very stubborn about whatever the thing may be. We usually repeat me asking and her replying,"No," several times. For example, this morning, she did not want me to put her in her crib for her nap. She stiffened her legs and was just shaking her head ,"No," as forcefully as she could. (Keep in mind that this is mostly because she wants to spend more time with me which is endearing.) Isn't it a little bit early to be dealing with this? Some would say that I have a bit of a stubborn streak....is that what I could be seeing in my sweet little one? This only lasted for a minute, and then she put up a pretty good fight when I left, but only for a few more minutes. Then, it was off to sweet dreams. When she woke up, she had completely forgotten about our "discussion," and she was ready to giggle and play!

My view on the monitor after our little "discussion."
Rested and ready to play
Maggie loves her big pink ball

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Maggie is PRECIOUS!!! Mom said she went to church with you guys today and really liked Grace. Any mommy tips you have pass them right along! EB and I need them!

beth ewing said...

i will just say from my personal experience that we noticed a stubborn streak in miller on like day 2 of his life...and it has turned out to be very true. so i hope not for you b/c oh what you have ahead of you. hehe!