My cousin and his wife are having a baby boy! We are very excited for Matthew and Kristy to have a wonderful blessing in their sweet baby boy! We are also excited that Maggie will have another second cousin. Since she doesn't have any first cousins, and we live fairly close to most of my cousins, we hope that Maggie is connected to her second cousins. Now, I know that there will be first cousins for Maggie in the future, but I don't think there will be many close to her age. =( Matt and I are both pretty close to at least a couple of our cousins in age, and we have many fun stories to tell of family gatherings from our childhoods. So, we are thinking we will just have to have a lot of siblings for Maggie to play with, and make sure we get together with extended family frequently. Maggie will know her second cousins just as well as her first!
Here are some pictures from the family baby shower we had for Matthew and Kristy:

Kristy and Her Grandma (and Baby Boy Oliver)

Kristy and My Mom

The Men Grillin'

The Taskers (My Cousin Elizabeth's family)

Grandma Oliver's Great Grandchildren
2 comments:
Don't give up on the first cousins! Matt and Kasey were a couple of years apart...that's not too far apart in age! I promise we're trying to catch up with yall!!!
That's a lovely face Brain is making! Dillon doesn't have any cousins close to his age either. I hate that because I had so much fun growing up in the summers with Bradley and you and my brother! I was just thinking about that today when the ice cream truck came by...it brought back memories(especially since the ice cream was $2, whatever happened to .50?
Post a Comment